Ancestral Quest user groups are organized to help members with the software, share interests, ideas, knowledge, concerns and family history.
Collaboration is another word for team effort. Great things happen when individuals work together, help one another and learn from each other. AQ does have a collaboration tool, however, often individuals enjoy getting together to share the latest discovery, learn how to use a new feature or discuss new records online and how best to access them through Ancestral Quest.
The purpose to help someone organize or participate in a user group is the belief that the most effective way to research family history is through collaboration in all things, here are a few possibilities:
- Locating record sets
- Locating relatives
- Organizing Reunions
- Learn about advances in family history technology
- Overcoming communication and geographic barriers
Some of the benefits from a user group are:
- It is a source for news from AQ, from the industry, and genealogical professionals for you to take advantage of
- It is a resource place to ask questions and get them answered in person
- It provides local support and continuing education in this field
- Allows for collaboration on research and pertinent information
The following are links to those groups we are aware of at this time:
If you are interested in joining a group in your area and do not find one close to you or you would like to start a user group, please email us at Customer Service.